SKU: Hot Speed Cal Spec
Stripped to the essentials then rebuilt as PPE with Health and Safety as top priorities, this paradigm-shifting pack is the super-streamlined solution for hot, fast Initial Attack.
Intelligent Equipment: Initial Attack Optimized, NFPA 1977 Certified.
This popular pack in our Fire line is all-inclusive and IA ready. Designed to meet the specific needs of Engine Companies, Helitack Crews, and Overhead, the sleek HOT SPEED drops the hydration reservoir into the lumbar, maximizing ventilation while freeing valuable upper-back real estate for hosepacks, saw packs, and bladder bags. Developed to meet CAL FIRE Spec 1728, and UL® Certified to NFPA 1977-2016.
- The Fire-specific yoke, featuring our patented Futura system, telescopically adjusts to any torso length and promotes ventilation. The full-length adjuster within the Futura system has a mounted aluminum stay, providing more rigidity. The Fire-specific internal frame consists of a single, vertical, fiberglass rod against an HDPE frame sheet. Together, these create a full-length, stiffened body panel that transfers the weight into the wings of the waist belt. It also features a Redirect waist belt system that secures in a natural, forward pull direction that requires less effort to tighten and with patented features and construction methods, the waist belt cants and conforms over the hips to effectively transfer and distribute the weight eliminating slippage down over the hips.
- Zip-access main compartment
- Includes HYDRAPAK® 3.1L OHY Hydration Reservoir – insulated all-black hose, bite valve hardware, and dust cover
- Dedicated Hydration Reservoir compartment located in the lumbar
- Super-discreet storage sleeve keeps three fusees fully-stowed yet ultra-accessible for those rare moments of emergency and urgency
- Sized and fully adjustable Hotshot Yoke telescopes to fit any torso length
- M-Light belt system features re-direct webbing and tensions similar to SCBAs
- Reflective striping
- 250 cu-in storage pocket for headlamp, batteries, snacks, and other essential gear
- Low-profile admin pocket for notebooks, maps, IAPs
- Double-layered Fire Shelter compartment built with additional reinforcement at key wear points
- Fire Shelter can be set up for right or left-handed deployment
- All body-facing components built with spacer mesh materials for moisture transfer and body heat dispersion
- HOTSHOT LID compatible for an additional 300 cu-in of storage
- Built of custom spec’d 500D and 1000D CORDURA® with Teflon® and PU coatings for maximum durability, UV, and weather protection
- AQUAGUARD® coated YKK® #10 Zippers with nickel-plated sliders provide exceptional weather-resistance and durability
- External seam finished with 6,6 Nylon web for extra durability
- UL® Certified
- CAL FIRE PPE Working Group approved to CAL FIRE Spec 1728 (CAL FIRE SPEC Model)
- ISO 9001 Manufacturer
- NFPA 1977-2016
|Hot Speed Cal Spec-Black-S||888564181393|
|Hot Speed Cal Spec-Black-M||888564181386|
|Hot Speed Cal Spec-Black-L||888564181379|
|Hot Speed Cal Spec-Black-XL||888564181409|
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from More then just fireI'm not a Firefighter, but I run a Trail Crew in Alaska and I'm super impressed with the Hot Speed. It's a little smaller then I expected but the extra lid and a pouch or two helps a lot. It's great for carrying chain saws, gas cans, Karsonite markers, tool cases, and just about anything else I need to haul. It puts the weight low on my hips, keeping me balanced, and lets me swing tools and run saw without taking the pack off. My only complaint is that there is no vertical attachment option. There are times when an oversized ice axe loop would come in handy for strapping on a Pulaski or other tools. I've used LOTS of packs in the field and this is one of my all time favorites!
Date published: 2017-10-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by Caballo from Beyond impressed!Finally pulled the trigger on a new pack. I purchased the Hotspeed with a few accessories. First impression was an obvious attention detail and use of quality materials. The main reason I bought it was for the back support and adjustability. I’ve always had lower back pain and it helps keep the weight on my hips, and my back in-line. I like to pack somewhat light and have more than enough room for all my essentials. I added the FTW pouch and sling pouch for my sunglasses. I believe strongly in investing in the right tools for any job, and this was one of my best. I’ll be a life long customer, hands down.
Date published: 2020-05-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great PackI use this pack for initial attack in Minnesota. I can wear this pack for hours and never get tired. This bag does not get in the way of bladder bags which was the reason I bought it. The amount of storage space is a little small, but it is enough to carry a notepad, irpg, pens, headlamp, firstaid kit, safety glasses and ear plugs, which is all you need during initial attack in this state.
Date published: 2017-10-29
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Awesome pack for Engine Companies!I work for a County Fire Department in Southern California and have had this pack for 3 months now. I have used Fss, true north, ruffian, and coaxsher. This is my favorite pack so far. This pack is perfect for Engine Companies on initial attack. The pack fits comfortably, is nicely padded, and accommodates a hose pack nicely. Storage space is minimal so I bought the hot lid for days when I will be away from the Engine for a while. If you want to hold fusees in it you need to either take off the connection ends or find the shorter helitak fusees as normal fusees will stick out. The hydrapak hydration bladder that comes with it has some nice features that I wasnât expecting. It has a twist off shut off valve which is nice because it wonât leak. It also has a one way valve for the bladder bag so you can disconnect the hose from the bladder without it leaking and refill your bag while leaving the hose on your pack. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because of storage space. If the storage space was doubled to 500 cu in. It would get five stars.
Date published: 2018-01-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by Wildland1 from The Last Pack You’ll Ever NeedI received my pack on a Friday and put it in service the following Monday. That happened to also be the beginning of the 2019 Santa Ana wind events in southern California. I was in this pack every day for three weeks straight, running and gunning fighting aggressive wildfire, hiking putting in hose lays, swinging tools and defending structures. Pretty much wildland fire Olympics. I participated in every aspect of firefighting along with some intensive longevity in breaking in this pack. My crew said the pack was cursed, the day I went on the truck the fires came nonstop... if you believe in such things. Most of us like to fight fire so I considered it a good luck charm. As for this pack I broke it in quickly and then forgot about it. And the many long hours I was wearing it I completely forgot it was on my back. I am 6‘2“ 220 pounds. I wear the XL size. This pack was able to adapt to my structure and serve me well. I have no complaints, this pack delivered exactly what it promised to do. Tremendous workmanship and great materials, mystery ranch certainly lived up to its name. Thanks and well done.
Date published: 2019-11-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Your shoulders will thank youSuper well thought out pack design. The expirence in high end military and backpacking packs is appearant. The yoke is customizable to the end users torso length and the waistbelt does a fantastic job of transfering the weight off of your shoulders. Only downside is very limited storage space but it's designed as an IA/Engine crew pack so that's expected. I would highly recommend the Hot Lid if you want to carry anything other then a couple snacks and spare batteries with you though.
Date published: 2018-05-12
Rated 4 out of 5 by rokstarr99 from Nice Web GearHaven't had this pack long, but it is becoming the most used pack in our district. I like that the hydration bladder sits on my hips rather than on my back so it does not interfere with hose packs. I also like the added support of the adjustment plate. I do not like that the red tab on the back is attached to the Velcro flap. I think the red tab should be a fixed point as I like to hang my pack off the back of the engine using a carabiner and a fully loaded pack puts a lot of stress on that flap. I would also like the accessory attachment points to to wrap around to the front of my body more for easier access. Overall, it's much more comfortable than my previous pack.
Date published: 2022-04-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Worth the moneyI don't write reviews until the product is put to use in fire condintions. I had the pack on for 12 hours and did not feel it all. It was comfortable fit and fit well with the Wolfpack hose packs. Storage is minimal so I bought the additional storage for a mop up kit which fit well and snug. I highly recommend it. It allows for proper heat release on the back so my back was not super sweaty like other packs I have used.
Date published: 2017-06-01